We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

7.25.2010

Zucchini ricotta galette

Zucchini and cheese - what is not to love?! I planned to make this for the TYSN potluck in p-horn today, but discovered a flood in the basement mid-recipe. Alas, I never made it to the potluck, but did have a lovely rendez-vous with the wet vac and mop for a couple of hours. I was able to return to my thoroughly sweated zucchini and a very well chilled crust though - so no harm to the galette.


This recipe is from the smitten kitchen, where she has a few recipes that involve sweating your zucchini slices. Very interesting - I had only ever done that with eggplant. I don't know that I have ever had a galette before, but this one is delicious! And better for a small dinner party with salad than a potluck anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment